Finally I have finished the auxiliary tank. Frontrunner claim it takes 6 hours to complete the task, it has taken longer then i thought. Then again my extra paint jobs and the preparation took a lot of time. It was fairly easy to lift the tank in to the prepared brackets and bolting it up. It was also easy to install the spare wheel carrier it was a very tight fit needless to say.
I had great difficulty to fit the supplied hose for the connection between the aux. tank and the main tank. The hose is only 4 inches long and needed to be connected to the original filler pipe. As the connection is to close to the crossmember No. 7, I could not get a proper seal on it and I ended up using my old rubber tank filler hose instead. The hose clamp – circled – was a nightmare to tighten. Eventually I got this right too. I hate to think that one day I will have to replace the hose.
Filler pipe from auxiliary tank to main tank. The small pipe is the vent pipe from main tank which is now connected near to the filler cap.
Main tank with new protector. It is much easier to remove the exhaust to fit the tank in place. I could save myself a lot of time if I had removed it before hand.
Some modification needed on the tank inlet pipe for the extra breather hoses.
The spare wheel is slightly lower to the ground.